Friday 10 July 2009

my peninsula

When i was 5 years old, my grandma likes to fry the eggs for me. the shape of fried egg looked like peninsula malaysia. starting by that time, peninsula officially means fried egg. 'Grandma, i want a peninsula everyday!'

When i was 10 years old, i came back home with despair. Waiting and holding plate beside grandma, i cried ' i lose in inter-school competition. no chance for me to go for peninsula. no plane anymore'. She just put the 'peninsula' on my plate. i swallowed it in tears. It's the first time i ate such a salty egg but with the taste of love.

When i was 15 years old, i told my grandma that i want to study in UM. it's the best uni for medicine. Again, she put one more peninsula on my plate. 'Then, u have to eat more peninsula before u fly.'

When i am 19 years old, i managed to study in shah alam. My dream comes true but i am not as happy as i expected. i miss my hometown. It's my place of belonging. i miss everything there. i miss peninsula. i miss her. Now, grandma can't walk properly. No more peninsula from her. It's time to cook for her. Time to care and love her more. i love u, grandma! you r the best chef in the world!!!

6 comments:

  1. so touching.

    maybe the peninsula looks like Australia more..if not u wont be there. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. to bentuckee. =.=. how to make the shape of aus? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. to barbara: haha. i just simply write

    ReplyDelete
  4. shape like aus? use d knife.. haha.. simply write oso so touching.. u n ur bro v gd in writing oh~

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww.. ur grandma so cute lar.

    ReplyDelete